Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Signs of Spring...

I haven't seen any snow in the forecast for a week or so. The air seems a tiny bit warmer, I am seeing spring dresses at church already (with sweaters), and Easter candy in the stores. And what is this, amongst the weeds and winter freeze dried plants still lingering in my planters?
It is a tulip coming up!!! No bloom, just green... but what do ya know....
and in my yard, is that a flower popping up from the dead grass that surrounds it...
I do see signs of spring... Signs of green...
Even amongst my dead brown grass! My poor dead grass, winters here are really brown.
I love springtime, and I love Easter Sunday, and all the signs of renewal they bring to me.
I love the color green, and bulbs as they pop up through the dirt.
I love looking at flowers in the garden centers, but it is painstaking for me to pick some out to go in my planters and flower boxes.
I love the thought of having a big garden to tend to, but my fear of snakes keeps me in a few small containers every year.
This year I am pushing my Strong Silent Mysterious Man into helping me plan and layout and build raised gardens for our backyard. I have done some research, and really want to make this happen this year.
I love Spring, and I love Hope!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails