Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Morgan and Taylor's trip to the Vet

Morgan and Taylor were soooo excited to go for a ride with me yesterday.
I had made them appointments together on this particular day, because my teenager was supposed to be home on spring break to make the trip and help me.
But he ended up working, and so instead of cancelling the appointment, I decided I could handle them both. There are lots of people who take 6-8 children at a timet to the doctor... certainly I was a good mom and could handle two dogs.

So we loaded up and everyone was full of puppy smiles!
Morgan is always really good, so I took her in 1st.
She had some issues with the assistant and the particular place she put the thermometer.
And when the lady tried to win her over after that with treats... Morgan just looked the other way. She was having nothing to do with her... not even for food.
Then doctor came in... he is one of her favorite people on the earth, but she was still a miffed about the thermometer insident... so she sat behind my legs on the floor.
Doctor sat down by her on the floor and loved her and reminded her how much she loved him, before he ever tried to give her an exam or any shots. He is so awesome!
So finally she warmed up to him, and after her exam and shots which she passed with flying colors... she walked over to the assistant and put her nose in her pocket where she put the treat earlier. She was so funny, she still didn't let her pet her head, but she decided she at least deserved the treat after all she went through.
So then doctor asks where Taylor was? And I was thinking, she was probably out in the car eating the steering wheel by this time... but I answered I would go get her, and warned him she was a little more energetic than Morgan.
So as I put Morgan in the car to wait and leashed Taylor up, she went flying out of the car and ran in all different directions at once choking from the chain, and pulling my arm out of the socket. We found our way across slick tile trying not to knock every display down in the waiting room, all the way back to the exam room.
I was so hopeful she would remember the "sit" command we had been practicing as she got up on the scale. She sat, but only for a nano second for the assistant to get "38 something... close enough"... darn I was hoping to impress. But she wanted to move on to bigger and better things. Maybe I would have better luck with the sit, on the slick aluminum table?
Doctor gasped just a little, then giggled, and we flung into the room... surely he would fall in love with Taylor and give her the same love he has always given Morgan, once he got to know her.
As she flailed around he lifted her up onto the table, and he tried to get a peak at her teeth.
I just knew after all the time I had spent taking pictures of her teeth falling out as a baby, she would be ready and willing for this... No way.
She wiggled and moved the entire time, he got the job done, but I felt the need to let him know we have her signed up for obedient training class, but they won't take her until she is 6 months old, so we have another month to go... and his comment was "she might go and get kicked out the 1st day"!
I don't know if he was kidding or not?
She is energetic, but she checked out okay, and he didn't prescribe any puppy downers or anything, so I will take that as a good sign.
When we arrived home, much of the energy level was way down. And Rudy was home guarding the house, it wasn't his turn to see the doctor, but he knows just how to play up the treats when we get home from the vet.
And Morgan has learned just how to look pitiful after she gets shots, so we will hug her and love her and shower her with treats all night too.
Taylor was just her happy go lucky self, but I am sure in time she will learn to play it up too!

2 comments:

M said...

I miss you guys and Morgan. I want to get a cool dog like Morgan

Anonymous said...

Next trip should be something fun or Morgan may get a complex... she is soooo sensitive. Miss you guys.

Related Posts with Thumbnails