Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter weekend...

I got so wrapped up in the Costco Gas Episode, I didn't get to tell about the rest of our Easter weekend.
-
After we left Costco we saw huge crowds across the street at Sportsman Warehouse and the boys love to go walk around in there anyway, so we headed directly into the middle of the crowds to see what it was all about.
-
I guessed it was the Easter Bunny...
The Teenager guessed the Easter Elk... ????
And My Man guessed the Easter Moose... ????
-
It was strange that we even ventured over because My Strong Silent Mysterious Man doesn't like crowds at all, he avoids them like the plague. But I guess you only get a once in a lifetime look at the Easter Moose, so we parked and went inside with hundred thousand billion other Idahoans and their kids... did I mention there were 8 hundred thousand billion kids?
So we pass by the grill out front, and there were plenty of kids getting hot dogs... but it didn't really seem to be the draw.
-
And we passed coolers filled with pop and a table full of bagged chips, and everyone and their kids had a pop and chips in their hand walking around... but it wasn't the draw either.
Then we came upon a line that wrapped all through the store and out the back door.... as we passed all these people in line, some of them had been waiting 2.5 hours... can you imagine!!!
Not even for an Easter Moose, hatching golden eggs would I wait that long!!!
CRAZY!!!
So we finally made our way to the back of the store, and literally stood on our tippy toes trying to see over people to get a glimpse...
-
After moving and peaking and just short of pushing some kids down for almost 15 min, we finally got a very quick peak.
-
It was a baby bear cub... and they were all waiting in line to get a .45936 mili-second picture with it before you were shuttled back out of line and clear out of the way.
It was super cute! But we had to really maneuver to get this shot... I never could get close enough to see it, but My Man got this shot from way far off... zoomed in all 10X.

Pretty cool... not the Easter Bear... but very cute! Too CRAZY that people were googling this much over him. But the store was making a killing!!!! And people were buying all kinds of other merchandise that day too. So good for them.... nothing wrong with the Sporting industry economy here.

-

When we were leaving, we saw 3 sets of kennels outside... you know what that means!!!!

PUPPIES!!!!!!

And they were labs too... how could you resist that face?

But you would be proud of me... I did resist and left with a few puppy kisses and hugs, but not paws in tow! Yes, I know we have plenty of paws at home!!!

13 in this litter, I couldn't even find them all to count them... I love the way they pile up to sleep!

-

It kind of explains why mine all want to sleep on my pillow at home if this is what life was like before they came to live with me.

-

Then we had to go next door to the Golf place... since 1/3 of my household is currently addicted to the sport.

We had been looking all over for the coveted Nike hat with the Sasquatch logo on one side and the Hole in One logo on the other... cause that's what Tiger Woods plays his best in.

-

He wanted the white one, but we talked him into navy to help keep Mom's sanity trying to keep it clean! And found out Tiger got a navy one to wear at the tournament on Sunday... so now we know it's a winner.

Then the boys had to go try out the new hat, and I stayed home trying to avoid thinking about the Easter candy hiding in the closet. Somehow chocolate cries louder from the closet than it does out in the open. But again... I resisted!!! Yeah me!!!

Easter Sunday we went to eat dinner with Aunt Fay and Uncle Gene.

-

It turned into a big nap fest, before it was all over...

But we had a great visit with them... it was fun to be with family on the holiday.

And all the puppies at out house got special treats in their Easter baskets too... and they found the big eggs I put out front for decoration, and had some fun with them too.

-

They weren't in any trouble, I don't know why Morgan always looks like we beat her.

2 comments:

PaD said...

That was so cute. I'm glad you all got together. That Precious is sure cute as well as Taylor and Morgan and Rudy and Jacob. Love you guys. I still have no voice. I lost it Sunday night and still haven't found it. Love ya, Mom D

Anonymous said...

Can you imagine playing egg toss with those eggs? If you miss it might know you out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails