Search This Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Taylors 1st baby tooth...

I knew there had to be a reason I felt like I needed to post an update on the Puppy!

After my post yesterday, I noticed she was missing a tooth.

Had it been pulled out in the rough game of tug of war with Morgan?

Was she growing up and losing her baby teeth already?

Sure enough after some searching on my hands and knees, I found this... her 1st baby tooth!

It was an exciting moment... usually you never find them, or you find them when they poke and stick into your bare foot... Ouch!! I had to call my Man at work and give him the good news!

I was fortunate to have Morgan's first baby tooth too!

So now I have quite a collection... sorry Rudy, there is always one poor child Mom doesn't get the memory book completed for.

My Man thinks this is really morbid and I am not sure why I have them, but I kept all of the teenagers teeth he traded in for money to the tooth fairy. I don't know, something about the whole excitement of having the tooth fairy come and steal these from your pillow in the middle of the night, sneaking around in your house in the dark... Can you imagine!!! (what were we thinking getting our young innocent son hooked into these crazy stories... all for the element of surprise moments).

So here you go... I told him, they could make them into a necklace for me on Mothers Day... he laughed and said "you would probably wear it"! It's true, I probably would.

I love family milestones, some are bigger than others... but they all come and go so quickly if we don't document them, or hold onto keepsakes from them. What will we leave in our jewelry boxes for our children to find and solidify we were crazy in love with them when we are gone?

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I have no idea why but this blog made me cry... the last few sentences anyway. I can totally see my self saving all my kids teeth!

Anonymous said...

I know where you got it... Mom... I think I've seen your baby teeth laying around the house as well

Related Posts with Thumbnails