Search This Blog

Friday, November 30, 2007

Blizzards in the cold...

My friend and VT partner is moving away. It will be sad to see her go, but I am really happy that she will finally be reunited with her husband and 2 sons.

He had been working away from home for several years and were only together a couple of weekends a month.
She has adjusted to being a single mom well, but went back to school 2 years ago with the end goal of getting a job teaching so her husband could look for different work and they would finally be together.
So he ends up getting another job on the other side of the state earlier this year, and she didn't want to lose all the credits she had earned from her schooling here, so it has kept them apart trying to finish up he degree and tie up all the lose ends.
She called me last night, and he house here is rented, the new house over there closed and she is leaving before Christmas to finally be reunited with her family.
So we went to get blizzards to celebrate together! After all I have experienced with my family being apart and reuniting... I have felt so much compassion for her, and she always seems to know when I am in the dumps and need a pick me up and just shows up with a treat... even when we don't talk for days or weeks. It's a really fun bond, and I will miss her, but I am happy for her situation to get better.
These guys were just happy to get a treat!
Why is it ice cream and cold treats taste even better when it's cold outside?
YUMMMMM!!

1 comment:

patsy said...

I am so glad you have such a good friend in your VT companion. that is wonderful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails