Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Good Luck Charm...

My Strong Silent Mysterious Man took the day off to go hunting yesterday. It was his last final attempt for the late Archery season which ends on Friday. He has been into arrowhead hunting this past year and rigged up one of his finds onto a leather necklace and declared it to be his good luck piece. It was lucky in that he saw more big bucks than you would normally see out there in a day, but it proved to be even more lucky for the bucks than for him to shoot one of them. So everyone wins in my opinion. I know that was not the original plan... but I am very happy, he loved the trip, saw some amazing animals in the wild, got to spend a whole day up in God's country and make it home safely! Who could ask for more luck than that?

I don't think I have a specific good luck charm. I am not really superstitious... but at times I do things or avoid things that could be deemed superstitious... just in case.

Last spring when I bought some new arrows to go with my bow, one of them was fleched backwards with the logo on the tip end, instead of on the feather end.... it really bothered me, but it wasn't really a flaw in the arrow and I didn't want not buy it because of something that would be seen as only cosmetic, because in the Archery world, that would be just silly! So I call it my lucky arrow and use it first. In the beginning it was because if I lost it, then it wouldn't bug me anymore... but since I have never lost it... now it is my lucky arrow!

Do you have any lucky charms?
Are you superstitious about anything?
Are you what I call a "hunters widow"?

2 comments:

patsy said...

My boys have a necklace like that that Devon gave them. They love it & fought over it until the missionary left- it's all Jack's now.

Beth said...

I bet the necklace is cool! Devin gave Jacob a neat fire starting stone that he just treasures. He will challange anyone to the quickest fire building now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails