Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sophomore Sign Ups...



We went over to the High School and got 2J's all signed up for classes next week. He actually likes his classes and teachers on his schedule... that is always a challenge! He was so cute getting ready to go... spends more time worrying about what he looks like than I ever do! (there is something wrong with that) There will be a new Seminary teacher, which he is sad about losing Mr. V... he was awesome! But he got into a computer animation elective class, so he is pretty excited about that.

It is sad to think another little milestone in life goes by... I only have two more sign up days left in High School. My son is growing up right before my eyes. I hope to stay focused on the mportant things, and not let moments go by without taking time to cherish them.

A friend of our family, who works in the Seminary bldg was talking to 2J's about signing up for Mayors Youth Council... so he went over and talked to the girl in charge of the sign ups... I had gotten to know her at Laurels Camp this summer. She was telling us about her last 3 years on the council and the job she got working during the summer at City Hall. They get to travel during the year to other Youth Councils around the nation to learn about what they are doing in their communities. She told 2J's about working with the Mayor and what a great guy he is. 2J's had met him when he was working on his Eagle Project at the Train Depot for the City and agreed he is Awesome!! I think he might actually consider this youth council... it would be so good for him, and add extra experience to his resume and college application.

I am such a proud Mom, and happy 2J's is having great experiences in High School... it was NOT my favorite place in life. It is fun to watch him, and how much he loves it and has such great opportunities and leaders that help him enjoy this time in his life!

I am so grateful for the beautiful gifts I have in my life! I am so grateful I am not in High School anymore! I have a loving husband, a son who grows and strengthens me in motherhood everyday, a caring and supportive family, and a Father in Heaven who loves me and blesses me daily with his grace and love!

2 comments:

Della Moody said...

Sharing Jacob's daily life along with that of his parents is the greatest gift you could give us and we thank you very much! Papa and Nene

PaD said...

I agree. Thanks for the twice baked potatoes. They were so good.

We made it home about 1:30 today Saturday. We didn't get to stay with Ruthie and family because of some chemicals but took them out of pizza and very berry Sundae's at Sam's club.

Brett called while we were traveling so we stopped and spent the night with their family. It was so good to see everybody altho we didn't stay long.

It is good to be home altho I enjoyed seeing everyone. Love ya MOM D

Related Posts with Thumbnails