Search This Blog

Friday, August 17, 2007

Only in Idaho...

My "strong silent mysterious man" and I have a new regular date... it sounds weird, but I really look forward to it about every 8 weeks or so.... we drive out to a little town near us to get his hair cut, and eat lunch at the local drive-in burger place.

You see the whole hair maintenance thing really isn't his thing... it doesn't mean that much to him, long hair short hair... whatever. He knows I like it clean so he used to make the effort to keep it short, but went to the cheap walk in clip joint in town. I usually spent more time either trying to fix it, or groaning about it until it grew out, that it was never worth it.

So I found "Katie"... she has a small shop in a really small town headed out towards the boonies not too far from us. She takes care of all the men and ladies in this little town and does a fabulous job. I found her a few years ago, and hated to drive that far to get my hair cut, so I left and went to several places close by, and ended up back with her after a short time and would rather drive to get a good haircut, than pay for a bad one close to home.

So I convinced my hunk to let me take him there, and it has been a tradition ever since. I do all the work, make the appointment, go pick him up from work and drive him out there... and he agrees to it. We have turned it into a little date, and it is short and sweet because he always has to go right back to work, but I do look forward to the time with him.

It really is in the boonies, and for some reason yesterday we hit traffic! It was the strangest sight to see cars lined up on this road to nowhere (which they just repaved by the way ??). We thought maybe there was an accident, until we came to a corner and could see it was a tractor holding up the line. Not really a strange sight in Idaho... but after just coming from the City in Seattle and seeing how much traffic they have going on there... it kind of made me chuckle. Only in Idaho....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails