Search This Blog

Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Pile...


I have to get through this pile of work so I can go to Seattle in the morning.
The good news is each slot represents one company I do work for, so you can see there are 3 companies in pretty good shape. The bad news is the other 3 I have to plug away today to get them done before I leave. They look like a big ol' huge mountain to me. I have to keep remembering... small and simple, small and simple, small and simple....
Not to mention all the housework that has piled up since I was gone to camp.
Jacob has been slow to motivate this week. We are down to 3 loads of laundry today.
But he is putting off the lawn mowing and unfortunately the longer he waits the hotter in the day it gets... and today there is no putting it off until tomorrow.
I guess it is good for him to suffer the consequences once in a while, and who am I to talk with "the Pile" I have to do.
I am trying to keep it all in perspective, and I know it will be here when I get home.... but I will enjoy my time so much more, if I don't get any long distance phone calls and have to send Jim into "the Pile" looking for something. And I won't have it on my mind while I am gone, so I can fill my head with other things. That seems to be the trend as I get older, not as many things fit inside my head at one time and when I try and squish too much in, I don't have any control of what falls out... and sometimes it is important stuff I should remember.
What I am grateful for today is that I have Jacob home to help me out with all the chores, and his loving smile even when he is grumpy and obstinate. I am grateful for my dogs who stick with me wandering from room to room trying to remember why I went in that room. I am thankful for my husband who is getting up really really early with us in the morning and let's me go spend time with my family while he stays home and works so we can have so many wonderful things in our lives. Did I mention he is also really great about not pointing out to me I am wandering from room to room, or questioning why I wander in the house. I am so grateful for a forgiving Father in Heaven, that helps me to understand my divine roll as a mother and wife, and when I just don't get it right, gives me more chances to try again and learn from all my silly mistakes.
It's beginning to feel like an all nighter, because I haven't even thought once about packing for the trip.... I can't wait for this part to be over, so I can get excited to go.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails