Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

By Small and Simple Things motto....

My new motto is the scripture above about Small and Simple things... I am trying not to be too hard on myself that I haven't put a big dent in the list I wanted to get done before the boys got home from Scout Camp, because the few really small things I have gotten done have been so fulfilling. And I really hope by the end of the week, all the small things I get done, will look and feel like a great thing accomplished.

I started the iron-on T-shirts and aprons for Laurels Camp, and they are turning out sooooo cute! And I was able to spend time last night training one client who is closing his business to sell things on Ebay (so I wouldn't have to do it for him... I don't mind the work, but it takes soooo much time watching the listings, I would rather spend that time this summer with Jacob) then this morning I was able to spend more time with another client and get a new company set up as an LLC (his wife actually does his books, I am just helping to train her). So that was a big part of my catching up on work that I really needed to do, but wasn't getting to it. I just have 3 more piles at home to get caught up and then I can move onto cleaning up the rest of my office.

The biggest reason I didn't get much done yesterday, was because one of the dogs was sick, I don't know which one it was, but the first time I walked through the living room and there was a dark stain (it looked like throw up, I am really hoping it wasn't from the other end, it was hard to tell and I am not sticking my nose in it... it doesn't matter to me at this point). So I am rushing both of the dogs outside and asking who it was... they just look back at me.
Morgan was eating grass and Rudy was heaving, so I have no idea which one it is, they both look suspicious.

Eventually I get the stain in the carpet scrubbed up, and let them both back inside. I make another trip to the kitchen about 10 min. later and there is another stain... I go through the entire process again, still not knowing which one it was. Get the stain cleaned up as best I can, and still neither of them show any more clear signs of who did it. Mostly they are just point to each other.

They finally quit making a mess of the carpet, but now I have to add shampooing the carpet to my list of things to do. And I surely got my fill of doggy puke (notice that is NOT on my list of things I love). And just be really grateful I DON'T have the camera this week to share photo's of the days events.
This is an older picture I have of Morgan... this is what we call "chinese eyes". This is the look you get from her, when you ask "who did this" and it was HER. She doesn't do this if it is something Rudy did. She totallly gives herself away.
Which is why I think it might have been Rudy puking, but I still can't be sure.

5 comments:

Della said...

Beth, I love your blog! It make the miles between us disappear. Thank you for sharing you with me. I love you, Mom

Beth said...

Mom,

I'm so glad it shortens up the miles, I was hoping it would.

It really means allot that you come read it.

I love you too!!

PaD said...

I agree with your mom Beth. It does shorten up the miles. What color did you paint the kitchen and dining room? It sounds so beautiful. I love Morgan's chinese eyes. Also the story of the daffodils. I read it a long time ago and loved it. I love flowers so I think I will draw or paint a flower every day. I should be pretty good by the time I graduate. Thanks for sharing with me. MOM D

Beth said...

Oooo! I will have to take pictures of the kitchen and dining room to put on my blog. It is tan in the dining room, with the back wall of the kitchen dark red.
Then I did the wall of the pantry green, but I am debating painting over it with the tan... it just didn't add that much to put a third color.
I can't wait to see your flower paintings, be sure and share pics of them on your blog!
Hugs, Beth

PaD said...

The tan and red sound beautiful. Our new neighbor has her whole house painted a soft kind of rose tan. It's not the yellow tan. I like both tho. Your black in the living room should look really good with the tan also. I haven't painted anything except paint out the abstract that Jack kept making nasty comments about. It was awful but it wasn't finished.

Have you heard anymore about Jake's court of honor? Love MOMD

Related Posts with Thumbnails