Search This Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

PeAr wOrDs...

I was still looking at fruit in my kitchen... I might have let my eyes at the orchard overload my schedule!
Yesterday, I just hit the ground running when I got up and decided I would not stop until every last pear was canned.
I canned pears...
then I canned some caramel pear filling...
you start with this...

then make the caramel sauce...
I left out the yellow food coloring, seems to be a pretty caramel color without it.
I could drink this stuff... but I didn't :)
and pour it over the pears (or apples)...

Easy desserts for our family for a year!


I still had tons of pears left... so I started another recipe of just pear sauce (like applesauce, but with pears)...

I thought I would never see the bottom of this box of pears!!
Even the last 8 or 10 seemed to take FOREVER!!!
My back was so sore...
But very shortly after I was done... I stood back and admired the work!

That is such a reward for me... it makes it all worthwhile and I get really happy feet when I can put this on my shelf!
.
I think I am done, until I have time to find and can some tomatoes for spaghetti sauce!

4 comments:

six Thompson said...

Beth, I have been thinking about you and hope you are feeling good. I have tomatoes you can pick in a week. Love, Emily S

Donna Lynn said...

I am sooooo impressed! I can't wait to try them. See you next week!!

Della said...

WOW!!! You go, girl!!!! Truly a beautiful job. Looking forward to our week together.

Beth said...

Thanks Emily... in a week I might be recovered :)

Mom and Lynn, I Can't wait to see you guys next week too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails