Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A special night...

Wednesday is finally here! All of my anxiety has turned into excitement.
.
Tonight is a program our presidency has been planning to honor the young women and leaders in our stake who have earned their young womanhood recognition award. There is a dinner for the honorees (?) it is the largest number I have seen being honored since I have been serving in this auxiliary of the church. It is an award that is earned through participation in a 4 year personal progress program designed to help each young woman develop a testimony of Jesus Christ. It helps her learn to establish patterns of setting goals and to make and fulfill commitments that will help her in future roles in her life.
.
It has been said it is equivalent to the Eagle Scout Award in the Boy Scout program.
It is a night we want to honor the recipients in a special way, as well as help other young women who are working in the program to understand the value, and encourage them to continue on the path to completing their own personal progress.
.
The details of planning came together pretty easily and our presidency was so united from the very beginning on every aspect, it came together pretty fast. However, I have been given an opportunity to give a talk... it's very short, but what I will say, hasn't come so quickly, or easily. I am trying to give myself the time and quiet I need to ponder and pray about what I should say. I just always feel so much pressure to want to say the right things in front of these girls and leaders and I think I fall short on having enough faith that they will not hear what they need to from "me" but they will be taught by the Holy Ghost. If I just have faith in that, I should not be nervous about my own shortcomings. This is such a hard process for me. Thankfully, I keep getting these opportunities to get over myself and learn this important principle. (giggle)
.
I am just so grateful to feel the excitement finally! I want it to go well, and I hope I can slow down enough to cherish the moments of this night. They are really precious moments, and I love the opportunity that I have to be part of it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails