Search This Blog

Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Birthday ~ Dr. Seuss! Green eggs and Peach Pie?

I saw this on Google this morning and I just LOVE Dr. Seuss!
Maybe this is why I don't like to read?

Anything NOT in rhyme.... so boring, how would anything NOT in primary colors capture my attention! The Grinch! My absolute fav... and ONe Fish TwO fiSH, oh and Green EgGs and HaM, and Horton hatches eggs and hears a who, and Do YOu Know WhO YoUR MoTHEr is?

Oh, I loved them growing up and could read them over and over and over again.
.
I must have been having subliminal thoughts about the birthday today, yesterday I attempted my first try EVER to make a peach pie. I got a simple recipe and thought I had everything to make it... but it called for orange jello... no problem, I had gelatin and then I thought well what is better than lime jello, so I mixed just a tiny bit jello just to make sure it had enough flavor in the glaze, only to realize how horrifyingly green it turned! Oooopps!
.
YES! I remember lime jello is GREEN! I stood there stirring in a big debate... I could try and pass it off as green peach pie in honor of St. Patricks Day (hey they make big bucks on those green shakes at Mickey D's). Or I could get out the food coloring and make the rest of dinner green too, like green eggs and ham (or peach pie), then I thought I could get the yellow and red food coloring out and make the glaze back orange again and maybe they wouldn't notice it was lime tasting peaches. Hmmmm... non of this would make it by my strong silent mysterious man, I am afraid. So I broke the sabbath and ran over to the store and bought the right color jello.
.
Probably a huge mistake, but I was on a mission to make a peach pie at this point!
.
I know better than to hold my breath for compliments on my cooking from my strong silent mysterious man, he is pretty particular about his food. And new stuff doesn't always have a chance! But I still keep trying! I am a hopeless romantic!
.
The orange jello looked much better than I think the green would have... happy I made that decision before I added the glaze to the peaches.

I found out I don't own a pie plate, so I had to make it in an 8x8 glass pan... I convinced myself, this wouldn't change the taste.

.

My strong silent mysterious mans comments...

At the first sight of the square dish

1) "I thought you were making peach pie?"

After tasting it...

2) "I like my peach pie warm." (easy enough to nuke it, I am thinking)

3)"It, um, well, um it certainly has allot of peaches in it"!

(what does that mean? IT IS A PEACH PIE!!)

GEEZ!!! Next time I making it green! He is definitely from Mars!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails