Search This Blog

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Stake Dance Chaperones...

Last night my Strong Silent Mysterious Man and I got to go be chaperone's at one of the dances at our church for our youth. Working with the youth, we find ourselves often in situations a little outside of our box.
.
Neither of us are much into dancing in public, but we did have our first dance together last year chaperoning the New Years Eve Dance... and we had a really good time, so we don't mind saying yes now and again when we are asked.
The kids in our Ward were responsible for the decorations and the food for this dance, the ones that showed up to help really did a great job!
Streamers and lit pumpkins, it was so cute.
I loved this picture of the boys working on their moves... while the girls were working on the decorations...
Here are some fun shots at the dance...
Every once in a while, they will all break into a line dance or two...

And someone started the Limbo... it went over well...
(Rachel there's your sis!)
Except for the jolly green giant... he's a big cheater...
He stepped over it this trip around... very funny kiddo!

And of course the popular YMCA... even I know this one!

My man wasn't much into dancing, but he made it through clean up. What a great sport!

A good time was had by all!

6 comments:

patsy said...

oh man that looks like fun!

How tall is Jake now?
Jeans at a stake dance? You guys are rowdie.... I am so impressed that you went- now I am thinking, since brett is the Stake YMP are we going to start going to these? Uh OH- I've been threatening my kids for years that I was going to show up & dance at one of these ;)they may never go again.

Rachel Ann said...

Thank you so much for your pictures!
They are my happiest thoughts!
I love our ward so much...
and I miss you all terribly!

:D HUGS!

Lindsey said...

I cannot believe how tall Jake is!!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

I cannot believe how tall Jake is! I had no idea... That looks like a lot of fun. I love the dances when I was in YW.

Layne said...

Jacob is TALL!

Rebecca is growing up.

And I tagged to on my blog. :)

Anonymous said...

The truth... are all born in Idaho that short. I mean Jacob is tall but he doesn't seem that tall. It's got to be the munchins around him.

I am trying to imagine Mom and Cliff at one of your dances and well... just don't see you being there with them there. You are lucky that Jacob acknowledges you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails