Search This Blog

Friday, June 6, 2008

My Boys gone to camporee...


Camporee? What is a Camporee?

According to wikipedia... A camporee is a gathering of Scouting units for a period of camping and common activities. Okay, whatever... nobody told me about a camporee this weekend!!

-

My boys might have mentioned some kind of camp out coming up, but no body wrote it on the calendar, and they hadn't mentioned they were leaving on a Thursday, and certainly didn't tell me it was THIS Thursday!!!

-

So it snuck up on me, while I was focused on the last days of school activities. It has been a really busy crazy week.

-

Making almond roca for the Seminary class... I was so flattered, they remembered it from the Christmas party and made a special request for the end of school party to have me make it again.

-

Making cookies for going out to the orchard and picking peaches with the youth group. Which got forgotten and left at home, by the way.

-

Plus, making rice crispy treats for yet another stake young women activity... no wonder I can't seem to lose any weight, making all these goodies all the time.

-

It has just been a very hectic week.

-

The teenagers last day of school was yesterday and we were able to go to our annual traditional after school movie together on his last day.

Then we rushed around picking up tents and stoves and camping gear, and getting everything packed for this "camporee" that they forgot to tell me about.

-

The teenager was asked to come as a leader, so it will be a different camp out for him, doing camp inspections and teaching classes.

-

The biggest mistake they make was telling me that every time they have camped at this location, someone has gotten seriously hurt!

The father son outing a boy had to get stitches in his head from falling off some rocks, and the scout camp before that a boy was hurt and had to be airlifted to the hospital. All these stories right before they leave, and me already in a frazzled mess because I didn't even have it in my head they were going to be gone this weekend!

-

My first night alone went okay, all the dogs were pig piled up in the bed with me... so I didn't sleep much, but got in a few good chick flicks!

-

I still bet I got more sleep than my boys did. he he he

-

I hope it goes by fast and they get home soon, in the meantime... I have plenty to keep my busy! Work, 3 dogs, camp meetings, more work, newsletters, making cards for my relief society activity, freezer meals to trade on Tuesday with my group, laundry, dishes, clean the house, mow the lawn, and more work, oh and did I mention 3 dogs!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails