Search This Blog

Saturday, June 7, 2008

My big brother turns 50 today...

Today is my big brothers 50th birthday!
06.07.08
It was so good to talk to him on the phone today!
I really wish I could be with him, but being 3000 miles away in Simpsonville SC makes it a little tough.
Things about my brother that make me smile...
He has always been really really tall... so he looks big and tough, but he is a huge teddy bear, the nicest generous guy I know.
He was a bouncer at a night club... that always made me giggle cause he really would never hurt a fly.
He was my best friend through some of the hardest times in my life.
He used to be able to throw me in the air when I would practice cheerleading stunts.
He taught me how to stand on his shoulders and I could do it with ease, steadily for hours at a time.
I used to love to pick out the tallest tree I could find for Christmas and I would stand on his shoulders to decorate the top.
He took me to see my first scarry movie... jaws! We had to find the exact center of the theatre to sit. We laughed through the entire movie together (when I wasn't closing my eyes).
It was the saddest day of my childhood when he moved out.
He took me for a ride in his hotrod car in the snow when he was a teenager and we came to a big corner in the road and the car kept going straight, in an instant there was a small driveway opening in the fence and we went perfectly through it down a steep hill and somehow managed to stop at the bottom without crashing into anything... that was the 1st time I remember believing in angels.
I can relate to him emotionally.
I love that he plans and thinks everything through the same way I do, before making decisions.
He has a horse named Kali.
He lives on our Papa's farm and takes care of my Mama in an assisted living home.
He loves kids, and it doesn't matter who they belong to or how bad they act out, he can handle them, and kids always glom onto him and love him.
He is a hard worker, but doesn't give himself enough credit.
He is in a mysterious part of his life and only shares on a need to know basis.
I love his smile! It always makes me smile when I see it or think about it.
He is very family oriented.
His is honest and full of integrity.
He doesn't like turmoil or drama around him, and has a knack to sift through it and calm a situation.
He loves dogs.
He has beautiful blonde curly hair, and is graying gracefully.
He isn't afraid to show tears.
He gives the best bear hugs.
I love my big brother, and have some really special wonderful memories growing up with him!
Happy Birthday Jim!

3 comments:

Della said...

I didn't think there were words to describe our wonderful Jim but once again you have done the impossible. He is my hero, too!
Thank you, Beth.

Johnna said...

What a beautiful tribute to your brother. It was fun to get to know him a little better.

Have a great day!

Johnna

Anonymous said...

I love him too

Related Posts with Thumbnails