Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2008

Yard Sale hang ups...

After making tons of signs...and going through....
mountains...
and Mountains.... and mountains of stuff to price, that has totally taken over my garage...
and watching the weather minute by minute changing... but not changing too far from RAIN!!!
-
I am already exhausted from my Yard Sale and it hasn't even happened yet.
I thought I was pacing myself... gathering things week after week, not doing anything all in one day.
-
Then it hit me all at once... I was going to start this thing on a Friday, my boys would be at school and work. How would I haul the heavy stuff outside? How would I get the stuff outside and the signs put out without people showing up to shop before I was ready for them? What if I had to go to the bathroom, or eat during the day? What if the dogs had to go outside every 20 min like the always do?
How would I watch our stuff, sell our stuff, and not be able to ever take a break?
-
I finally broke down and listened to what my strong silent mysterious man had been trying to tell me for days... I should wait until Saturday and they could help me. I couldn't do it all by myself!
I hated to face the truth, because I am all about
WHERE THERE'S A WILL THERE'S A WAY!
And I could have made this happen, but I am too exhausted to even try it by myself. And with rain still threatening... I DO NOT want to be running back and forth with tarps all day, trying to keep my junk dry.
So even though all my signs say Friday... our Yard Sale has turned into Saturday Only! Today I will get to finish pricing, and cross out all the Fridays on the signs and get ready for tomorrow.
-
I am frustrated (mostly because I had visions of getting it all sold on the first day), but a little relieved now. It will be good to have the help I really need.
I really want it to be over soon. I hope it turns out to be worth while, and I find something rewarding or fun in the whole process and will look back and smile or even laugh at myself later.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

That is probably a good idea... I have done a few yard sales and it would have been so hard to do them by myself. You have a good location.. you will probably still get most stuff sold tomorrow.

Related Posts with Thumbnails