Search This Blog

Monday, March 31, 2008

Dogs Rule... Cats Drule...


The teenager has been wanting a stuffed head cover since he got his new clubs, we really try and encourage him to save his money for college, or a mission etc. but since he has worked really hard this past week, we thought it would be okay for him to spend his money how he wanted to, so that he learns the value of the work he is doing, and the value of a dollar.

They have head covers of about every animal you could imagine, and they have some really funny ones of the other end of the animal too... which is what I thought he was going to buy. I cringed at the thought of having to look at a pink pigs butt in my living room, which is where his precious clubs tend to be most of the time while he cleans and shines on them.

But he ended up with the Tiger... he didn't want to copy Tiger Woods, but that was the one he really liked the best, so he just went for it.

Much to our surprise when he brought it home... our kind hearted sweet Morgan began to growl, and snarl, but hide behind everything she could find. She was terrified of the big "kitty".

So of course "my boys" thought that was hilarious and chased her and teased her with it, unmercifully... she never growled again, but she avoided and ran and hid from it, trembling the rest of the night.
I think all the stress wore her out... this morning, she collapsed under my desk, curled up around the legs of my chair, you know the one that rolls, so I am locked in... with her little sister next to her chewing on a bone... and she was snoring sooooo loud.

They crack me up!!!

Her little sis loves her to death, and always wants to be laying beside her... or more realistically on top of her most of the time. Taylor doesn't get the "it's my space" concept.
It really doesn't matter if someone else is already occupying that particular space either!! She is famous for laying on top of your head... I guess thinking the pillow is a good place to lay down, but taking no matter that your head is already there.
She is entertaining... we laugh at her constantly!
She really only knows LOVE, PLAY, AND SLEEP!!

I could learn so much from our dogs, but like the "still small voice", I have to be quiet enough to listen. I think all too often in this life, I get so busy I don't take time to listen. I remember a lady in a modeling class I was in one time who had taken a class on listening... and she had the best listening skills. I learned allot just from her example, but like anything else, if I don't use it, I lose it. That is a good goal to add to my eating skills I am practicing this week, while I am slowed down to chew and savor each bite, I could listen!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

That is funny! Katey is always laying on top of Kasey too!

Anonymous said...

It's a Clemson Tiger... Have you seen their rating in NCAA Golf. Not too bad if I do say so myself.

Where else would the golf clubs stay?

The snoring is very, very funy.

Lindsey said...

I love paul McKennas techniques.. such common sense but so hard to do. I am also working on some of the things he has mentioned.

Related Posts with Thumbnails