Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Update on Family Night...

A follow up on all the excitement of the Family Night preparations of my teenager...


After all the instruction he was conducting Family Home Eveing this week, and the excitement and secrecy on Sunday afternoon that followed that announcement. The teenager came to me about 10 minutes before we normally begin and tells me he can't do it.... the all important lesson and activity he was working on was on his computer and it froze, and he can't get it going.


So at the last minute, I needed to come up with a new plan... I am less panicky about this than I used to be. Because Family Home Evening was one of the principles that we practiced during our separation, that helped bring our family back together again... I take it pretty seriously. I means allot to me, and I hold it in high in priority... it is most important to have it, but while we are all held captive, we might as well learn something to help us in our lives to improve upon while we are together, right?


I went with the scripture from The Book of Mormon, Mosiah 5:15

Therefore, I would that ye should be steadfast and immovable, always abounding in good works, that Christ, the Lord God Omnipotent, may seal you his, that you may be brought to heaven, that ye may have everlasting salvation and eternal life, through the wisdom, and power, and justice, and mercy of him who created all things, in heaven and in earth, who is God above all. Amen

There is a new Theme for the Youth Group in our church each year... and this is the 2008 theme. They will learn and study and practice in activities and lessons what it means to be "Steadfast and Immovable, always abounding in good works".

So I thought this would be appropriate to introduce to our teenager and talk about what it means to him, and how we can all resolve to be Steadfast and Immovable in the Gospel. The benefits and blessings of being Steadfast and Immovable. We found many many examples of those who are Steadfast and Immovable in the Bible, and talked about those examples in our own lives. And we discussed ways we can become Steadfast and Immovable.

We want to build our lives in such a manner that they are built upon a strong foundation, one in which is solid as a rock. Like the rock of our redeemer, who is Jesus Christ, so that when trials and temptations come our way, they will have no power over us. We will have a sure foundation to rely on, and we will not fall.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails