Search This Blog

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Caldwell Farmers Market...

This week we finally made it back to the little farmers market.
.
When we arrived, it was already under way, and the City Mayor was singing up a tune on the mock stage under an awning on the grass in the background.
.
And all the vendors were putting the final touches on their booths, selling everything from their farms and gardens, to cute sewing and stained glass crafts, to homemade tamales and food from some of the local restaurants.
.
I just picked up a couple of tomato plants for .25 and a big glass of fresh squeezed limeade, and put our names in a drawing for a basket of goodies they build each week from a collection of items from every vendor at the market.
.
To my surprise, this week my friend Janice called me later that night, and she had won the basket! A really good time was had by all!!! So fun!!!
I love the local farmers market!!

1 comment:

She Loves To Make said...

I have never been to a farmer's market and I really want to! They look so fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails